The Town of Southbury is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Elder Services.
The City of Southbury is hiring a full-time Senior Services Manager to manage the Southbury Senior Center. The position is 35 hours/week and offers a full benefits package. The salary range is $75,000 to $85,000/year. This position is responsible for managing the staff, volunteers and operations of the department ensuring the City meets the needs of the senior population.
- Plans and coordinates outreach activities, such as health fairs and information forums in collaboration with community providers
- Provides help and referrals to seniors with financial, emotional and social issues
- Maintains data collection system that tracks usage of all program attendance, inquiries, services and consultations provided
- Develops public relations materials, including program brochures and detailed annual reports on all department activities
- Develops and manages the department’s budget, monitors and tracks all departmental expenses
- Manage senior transportation and bus fleet ensuring vehicle maintenance and efficient services are provided
- Develops new programs for seniors based on community needs assessment
- Coordinates with local, state, and federal agencies to ensure citizens receive available services and programs
- Assistance with requests and moves to alternative living situations including nursing homes, Life Care, etc.
- Oversees crisis response, including in-home assessments and provision of essential services to seniors
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations, principles and practices of municipal services for the elderly, municipal officers law and social service needs and practices.
- Ability to analyze social issues, ensure appropriate advice, and develop and implement new programs and activities to address related issues.
- Ability and desire to work effectively with older people in Southbury.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak publicly to community groups, boards and commissions
- Knowledge of computer technology, including Microsoft Office, scheduling systems and senior-specific programs
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, human development or health-related field
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related experience, including at least two as a supervisor
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
Deadline to apply:
The deadline for receipt of applications is October 21, 2022.
The Town of Southbury is the EOE/ADA employer. For more job vacancies, please visit Job opportunities page.
Details are available on the Town of Southbury Web page.