These top 10 stories across newspapers across the country might interest you.
1. APC accuses Aregbesola faction of planning violent protests in Osun
Osun’s All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused a faction loyal to Interior Minister Rauf Aregbesola of planning a violent protest in the state. Read more
2. 2023: Group urges APC to drop Muslim-Muslim ticket
A South West lobby group, Yoruba Youth Council (YYC), on Monday urged the All Progressives Congress (APC) to seriously reconsider its decision to field a Muslim-Muslim ticket in the 2023 general election. Read more
3. 2023: PDP BoT to meet on Atiku-Wike feud on Wednesday
The board of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) will meet on Wednesday in a bid to find a lasting solution to the crisis rocking the party ahead of the 2023 general elections. Read more
4. More misery for Nigerian students as ASUU again extends strike for four weeks
The university academic staff union, ASUU, has extended the ongoing industrial action, which began more than five months ago, for another four weeks. Read more
5. Pa Adebanjo denies a statement supporting Peter Obi
The head of the umbrella pan-Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, has debunked a statement credited to him which allegedly endorsed the candidacy of Peter Obi, the Labor Party candidate in the 2023 presidential election. Read more
Also Read: Top 10 Stories From All Nigerian Newspapers, Monday August 1, 2022
6. Over N226.45 billion lost as GTCO and Zenith Bank top NGX deals
The market capitalization of the Nigerian stock exchange depreciated to 26.93 trillion naira on Monday from 27.16 trillion naira after selling erased Friday’s gain. Read more
7. Seplat starts transporting crude oil via the Amukpe-Escravos pipeline
Seplat Energy has started transporting crude oil via the new Amukpe-Escravos pipeline located in the Niger Delta. Read more
8. Insecurity: Nigeria to crack down on unregistered motorcycles
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has declared war on motorcyclists with a national unregistered vehicle identification system due to growing insecurity in the country. Read more
9. Hundreds flee as bandits attack communities in Kaduna, kill 20 and kidnap 50
Hundreds of villagers from Damari town in Kazage ward of Birnin-Gwari local government area of Kaduna state fled their homes after bandits invaded and took over the community between Thursday and sunday. Read more
10. C’Wealth Games: Another medal for Team Nigeria as Islamiyat Yusuf wins bronze
Team Nigeria on Monday won another medal at the ongoing 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham as Islamiyat Adebukola Yusuf won a bronze medal. Read more
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, Support Solutions Journalism
Balanced and fearless journalism, driven by data, has huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leaders accountable and we will not trade the right to freedom of the press and freedom of expression for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do and are willing to support solutions journalism, please donate to the Nigeria Ripples cause.
Your support would help ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for the development of society.