These top 10 stories across newspapers across the country might interest you.
1. Again, Lawan rules out appeal of court ruling on CPA senatorial ticket
Senate President Ahmed Lawan has reaffirmed his decision not to appeal the Federal High Court of Damaturu’s ruling, which recognized Bashir Machina as the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in Yobe Senatorial District. North ahead of the 2023 general election. Read More
2. The Nigerian government claims to have spent $100 million to feed 10 million school children
Labor and Employment Minister Dr. Chris Ngige has confirmed that President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration has so far spent more than $100 million to feed 10 million Nigerian children across the country in under the national school feeding programme. Read more
3. Nigerian government awaits Chinese loan to complete rail projects” — Minister
Transport Minister Mua’zu Sambo had said that the Nigerian government was waiting for further loans from China to complete the construction of the Abuja-Kano and Port-Harcourt-Maiduguri railway projects.Read more
4. Elections in Nigeria, a “chaotic selection process” —IPOB
The Outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) have described the elections in Nigeria as a purely chaotic selection process. Read more
5. 2023: Tinubu’s candidacy invalid – PDP
The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) on Saturday declared invalid the nomination of Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Read more
READ ALSO: Top 10 Stories From All Nigerian Newspapers, Saturday 8th October 2022
6. NNPC is committed to recovering stolen crude oil
Group Managing Director, National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited, Bala Wunti, said work was underway to recover the missing barrels of crude oil.Read More
7. Kogi accuses Dangote Group of planning to wreak havoc over cement factory closure
The Kogi state government has accused the Dangote group of planning attacks on its officials over the closure of a cement plant in the Obajana area of the state.Read more
8. Immigration rescues 9 trafficking victims in Jigawa
The Nigeria Immigration Service on Friday rescued nine victims of human trafficking in Jigawa State.Read More
9. Two siblings die in building collapse in Kano
Two siblings were killed in a collapsed building in Kano state on Friday. Read more
10. Bayern miss the summit after losing a two-goal lead in Dortmund’s draw
In a thrilling game at Signal Iduna Park, Borussia Dortmund overcame a 2-0 deficit to level Bayern Munich and prevent their opponents from taking the Bundesliga top spot.Read more
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, Support Solutions Journalism
Balanced and fearless journalism, driven by data, has huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leaders accountable and we will not trade the right to freedom of the press and freedom of expression for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do and are willing to support solutions journalism, please donate to the Nigeria Ripples cause.
Your support would help ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for the development of society.