These top 10 stories across newspapers across the country might interest you.
1. Peter Obi’s support group accuses Tinubu, Atiku camps of divisive actions
The Peter Obi Support Network (POSN) on Friday accused supporters of All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rival Atiku Abubakar of divisive actions. Read more
2. Lai Mohammed wants Google to block IPOB’s access to YouTube
Information and Culture Minister Alhaji Lai Mohammed has asked social media giants Google to block the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) from using his YouTube channel because the group outlaw uses the platform for “acts of violence and destabilization”. . Read more
3. “Targeting Northerners in the Southeast Worsens Community Relations” —NEF Spokesperson Baba-Ahmed
Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, the spokesperson for the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), has called for an end to the targeting and killing of northerners in the South East as it worsens community relations across the country. Read more
4. Lagos PDP leader Gbadamosi joins Labor party hails Obi-Baba-Ahmed combination
A leader of the Lagos State People’s Democratic Party, Mr. Babatunde Gbadamosi, joined the Labor Party on Friday. Read more
5. We dug ourselves into a deeper hole, Sanusi denounces the state of the economy
Muhammad Sanusi II, former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, has expressed frustration with the current state of the Nigerian economy, saying it is in worse shape than it was in 2015. know more
Also Read: Top 10 Stories From All Nigerian Newspapers, Friday 5th August 2022
6. NGX: Investors Gain N81 Billion as Honeywell and GTCO Trade Ahead
Equity capitalization in the Nigerian capital market reached 27.35 trillion naira at the close of trading on Friday. Read more
7. Forex traders lose millions as naira gradually recovers
Some Nigerians who decided to buy dollars in the hope of making big gains had to count their losses over the past three days. Read more
8. Four dead in a car accident in Ogun
At least four people were confirmed dead in a fatal car crash along the Lagos/Ibadan highway on Friday. Read more
9. Suspected cultists kill a 45-year-old man in Osun
On Friday, suspected cultists killed a 45-year-old man in the Ilesa Garage area of Osogbo, Osun State. Read more
10. Oborududu and Adekuoroye win Commonwealth Games gold medals
Blessing Oborududu and Odunayo Adekuruoye added more gold medals to the Nigerian team’s record at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham. Read more
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, Support Solutions Journalism
Balanced and fearless journalism, driven by data, has huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leaders accountable and we will not trade the right to freedom of the press and freedom of expression for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do and are willing to support solutions journalism, please donate to the Nigeria Ripples cause.
Your support would help ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for the development of society.