These top 10 stories across newspapers across the country might interest you.
1. Court declares that APC has no candidate for governor in Adamaoua for 2023
The Federal High Court in Yola, Adamawa state, on Friday nullified the All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial primary election that produced Senator Aishatu Binani as the candidate for governor of the ‘State.Read more
2. Kwankwaso, Idahosa running mate optimistic about NNPP’s chances in 2023 election
New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) running mate Isaac Idahosa boasted on Friday that his party would win the 2023 presidential election. Read more
3. Ayu denies taking a 1 billion naira bribe and confirms receiving 100 million naira from the governor
People’s Democratic Party National Chairman Iyorchia Ayu has responded to allegations of corruption made against him by Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike. Read more
4. The ASUU officially announces the end of the strike, but…
The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has officially announced the suspension of its eight-month strike that has wiped out activities in most universities in the country. Read more
READ ALSO: Top 10 Stories From All Nigerian Newspapers Friday 14th October 2022
5. 98% of Buhari winners should be in jail —Baba Galadima
A leader of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), Buba Galadima, has strongly criticized the national honors awarded to some Nigerians by President Muhammadu Buhari. Read more
6. NGX: Share value rises by N24.3 billion amid investor interest in GTCO, Honeywell
The value of shares in the Nigerian capital market rose 0.09% at the close of trading on Friday.Read more
7. NMDPRA excited as Dangote refinery now 97% complete
On Wednesday, the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) expressed its excitement by revealing that the 650,000 barrels per day Dangote refinery is 97% complete. Read more
8. Police arrest a man for killing a 20-year-old girl in Osun
Osun Police officers arrested an Abdulafeez Shorinmade for allegedly stabbing a 20-year-old girl to death in Feesu Iwo, Iwo Local Government Area of the state.Read More
9. Two dead by hanging for armed robbery, murder in Ogun
The Ogun State High Court in Abeokuta on Friday sentenced two men to death by hanging for armed robbery and murder in the state.Read More
10. W’Cup: Flamingos bounce back from loss to Germany to crush New Zealand 4-0
Nigeria’s U-17 women’s team, the Flamingos, kept their World Cup hopes alive after beating New Zealand in their second World Cup group game.Read more
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, Support Solutions Journalism
Balanced and fearless journalism, driven by data, has huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leaders accountable and we will not trade the right to freedom of the press and freedom of expression for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do and are willing to support solutions journalism, please donate to the Nigeria Ripples cause.
Your support would help ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for the development of society.