More than 50 days after the abduction, a nursing mother and her two sisters are still languishing in the terrorists’ den for failure to pay the demanded 50 million naira ransom.

The family of the victims, while sounding the alarm over the incident in Kaduna on Sunday, told reporters that they had been traumatized following the sisters’ abduction by bandits.

Malam AbdulWahab Yusuf, who spoke on behalf of the family, urged the Federal and Kaduna State governments to come to the aid of the family and ensure that their daughters, including the nursing mother and her baby , are released unharmed.

Bandits reportedly invaded the general area of ​​Mando in the Igabi local government area of ​​the state and abducted the three sisters, including the eldest who was then heavily pregnant, on July 17, 2022.

She gave birth in the terrorists’ den.

The development, Yusuf said, had the whole family confused about it.

He noted that there was no way for the family to raise the 50 million naira demanded by the terrorists as a ransom to free the nursing mother and her two sisters.

The distraught father said, “On July 17, 2022 in Mando, on the outskirts of Kaduna, the bandits broke into the house. I ran out and jumped the back fence but my three daughters were kidnapped and taken into the forest.

“They were in the family home, caring for their sick mother. Their mother, who could walk unaided before their capture, is now confined to a wheelchair due to the trauma of her children’s abduction.

“Initially the bandits were asking for 140 million naira but now they have reduced the ransom to 50 million naira. The family was negatively affected by the trauma.

“My wife, who could walk unassisted before the incident, now uses a wheelchair. We just performed an operation on him. I haven’t been myself. I can not sleep. After dark, I don’t know how my body feels.

Also speaking, Kabir Yusuf, eldest brother of the victims, said the family begged the bandits for the 50 million naira because “we told them we were poor” but the bandits warned that “if we don’t don’t have the 50 million naira ready, we shouldn’t call them anymore.

He appealed to the Federal and State Government and well-meaning Nigerians to assist the family in securing the release of their sisters currently in captivity.

He said, “We call on the Federal and Kaduna State governments, charities, philanthropists and well-meaning people to help us secure their release.

“We don’t want anything to happen to them, if anything happens to them only God knows what effect it would have on our mother, who is now in a wheelchair due to their abduction.”

Meanwhile, the nursing mother’s husband, Mohammed Alabi, said his wife gave birth in the kidnappers’ den on August 2, adding that they had not yet received medical treatment.

“The baby used to cry from evening to morning in the forest. We learned that they were mistreated, whipped. We all die emotionally and physically. We call on all those whom God will use to secure their release, to help us,” he added.