If you’re anything like us, you’ve been tormenting yourself for months with the spirit of the New York Times.
Described as “a respectful tribute to Wordle”, Heardle comes with a musical twist.
Here’s how to play the game as well as clues to the July 12 song and that all-important answer when you eventually give up.
Dig if you want. pic.twitter.com/JohoMEnec3
— Craig Monk (@CGMonk) June 7, 2022
How to play Heardle
Daily online gaming involves people trying to guess which song is playing by just hearing the intro.
Like Wordle, the goal is to get the melody right with as few guesses as possible.
“Each Heardle is randomly selected from a list of the most streamed songs over the past decade,” the music game app explains on its website.
Heardle also added that “Much love (and all relevant copyrights) to all featured artists.”
The musical game also records the number of games you play, your winnings and win rate as well as your current and highest streak.
If you’re just starting the music trend or slowing down your streak, here are the songs you’ve been missing lately.
- Monday, July 4: “Stressed Out” by Twenty One Pilots
- Tuesday, July 5: “Hungry Eyes” by Eric Carmen
- Wednesday, July 6: “If you had my love” by Jennifer Lopez
- Thursday, June 7: “Rewind” by Craig David
- Friday, July 8: “Praise The Lord (Da Shine) (ft. Skepta)” by ASAP
- Saturday July 9: “Turn Me On” by Kevin Lyttle
- Sunday July 10: “Smooth Operator” by Sade
- Monday July 11: “21 seconds” by So Solid Crew
come on now it was too easy
– mac (@SANOSGF) June 7, 2022
Heardle July 12 tips
If the July 12 song turns out to be a bit of a headache for you, we’ve included some subtle tricks to help you boost your memory without giving away the whole game.
- The song was released in 2012
- The melody is listed under the genres Indie-Rock / Indie Pop
- The track is the third track and lead single from the American band’s second album
- It won the Grammy Award for Song of the Year at the 55th Grammy Awards
What is Heardle’s answer for today: July 12?
If you dropped out of today’s game, we can save you the misery.
But those who are still trying to break the melody, look away now.
The July 12 Heardle is: “We Are Young (ft. Janelle Monae)” by Fun
Play the game through the Heardle website.