October 21, 2022
Catholic elementary schools, Inc.
Director of advancement
Job type: full time/exempt
Reports to: Regional Administrator/Board of Directors
The Regional Director of Advancement of PERCES is responsible for the planning, management and implementation of marketing/communications, activities that will further the mission of the region and its schools. The Director of Advancement works closely with Principals, Parent-Teacher Guilds (PTGs), Regional Administrator, PERCES Board of Directors, and specifically with the Chairs of Development and Marketing Committees .
Pittsburgh-East Regional Catholic Elementary Schools, Inc. operates six Catholic elementary schools in the city of Pittsburgh and the eastern suburbs of the city: Divine Mercy Academy (Monroeville), Holy Family Catholic School (Plum), Mary of Nazareth Catholic School (White Oak), Sacred Heart Elementary School (Pittsburgh/Shadyside), Saint Bede School (Pittsburgh/Point Breeze) and Sainte Therese of Lisieux School (Munhall).
The Director of Advancement is responsible for:
- Developed and implemented a community relations and marketing plan to promote area schools.
- Support recruitment and retention efforts in each school;
- Work internally to support comprehensive marketing efforts, including but not limited to open houses, marketing brochures/advertisements, and social media programs/website platforms;
- Establish and implement professional writing and design standards for school/regional communications. These include, but are not limited to:
- Printed publications, including regional bulletin, parish bulletin, marketing equipment, brochures and directors.
- Electronic communications, including website and email
- Media relations including advertising and press releases in local newspapers and media to cover and promote regional/individual school events.
- Identify and develop social media and online and emerging communication technologies.
- Identify grant opportunities to support the efforts of each regional school and obtain the information needed to apply for grants and complete the application process;
- Follow up on all award documents, including thanks and reports;
- Identify former students of the six schools and schools inherited from the region;
- Develop/maintain alumni database by school/parish and engage alumni through regular communications as well as other stewardship duties; and
- Identify and initiate potential donors who support tuition fees in each of the six schools.
Other assigned duties
- Baccalaureate in marketing, communication or in a related field.
- Solid communication/writing skills.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in development, marketing or a related field.
- Ability to work closely with volunteers and manage them effectively.
- Strong commitment to the mission of Catholic primary education.
Please send your curriculum vitae to: Jon Cuniak [email protected]