Macfadden, an EAP company, is looking for a Business Development Coordinator. The Business Development Coordinator, reporting to the Business Development Manager, will provide a range of support to the Macfadden/PAE USAID Business Development Unit. This will include business intelligence and finding opportunities; update and maintain business development records and required pipeline reports; assist the Business Development Manager in facilitating communication with external team partners during capture and offer and proposal phases; provide assistance to ongoing capture efforts; and provide general administrative support to the business development unit. Additionally, the Business Development Coordinator will research and gather information on potential customers and competitors to identify opportunities that align with Macfadden/PAE’s business development strategy. This individual can be expected to research and write portions of stories and supporting documentation for assigned offers, including new opportunities, new offers and renewals of existing programs.
- Contributes to the design and development of strategies for assigned opportunities.
- Performs background research and competitor analysis, using GovWin and other business intelligence platforms, for specific opportunities and participates in assessments as required. Updates and maintains business development related information on knowledge management systems including SharePoint, Salesforce and other systems.
- Updates and maintains the Salesforce opportunity pipeline.
- Assists the Macfadden/PAE Business Development Manager to serve as a liaison with other PAE business units and proposal management departments.
- Drafts parts of proposals for assigned opportunities, as required.
- Performs general market research on potential customers and competitors and assists in the identification of potential US Government (USG) opportunities. May also support non-USG business development efforts.
- Assist the Business Development Manager in maintaining and updating Macfadden’s competitor database, agency forecasts, pipeline and other relevant documents on an ongoing basis.
- Assist the Business Development Manager in tracking all considered opportunities via USAID Business Forecast, GovWin, Beta.Sam and other relevant industry forecasts.
- Assists in maintaining opportunity records in the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Salesforce).
- Assists the Business Development Manager in conducting competitive analysis, tracking industry trends, and maintaining in-depth knowledge of market conditions. Researches and analyzes the development of partnerships and possible competition.
- Collaborates cross-functionally in the implementation of the organization’s business plan, strategy and objectives.
- Works closely with all members of the Business Development unit to complete assigned weekly/monthly tasks for the department.
- Supports the development of marketing materials for business development including presentations, capability statements, brochures and website content.
- Identifies conferences, networking events, industry days and events of interest to Macfadden/PAE.
- Works with program team to capture, store and update quantitative and qualitative project successes, lessons learned and best practices.
- Maintains internal records by adhering to file structures and updates company capabilities, past performance references and other documentation.
- Research and analysis of historical data to support proposals.
- Support the Proposal Coordinator’s efforts during proposal development, including: organizing and scheduling meetings, disseminating and responding to data calls, ensuring next steps are documented, supporting color team reviews and support the production of the proposal.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, political science, international development or related field (mandatory).
- Master’s degree in international relations, international development or related field (preferred).
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with USG customers; preferred area of international development.
- Experience in business development or program management for US government agencies and/or international development finance agencies preferred; experience with USAID proposals particularly preferred.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong research skills, including the ability to effectively gather, compile and synthesize relevant information.
- Understanding of the U.S. government and/or international donor funding landscape (preferred).
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional and diverse proposal teams.
- Must be able to multi-task/respond to the demands of an unpredictable schedule of competing assignments and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills..
- Expert in MS Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
Amentum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition, including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability as long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local law.